Posted by Ramie on Monday, October 3, 2011 at 9:56pm.
If sally can type a certain number of mailing labels in 6 hours and eric and sue working together can type the same number of mailing lables in 4 hours, find how long it takes eric alone to type the mailing labels.
- algebra - drwls, Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 6:56am
Assume there are N labels.
Sally mails S labels/h
Eric labels E labels/h
6 S = N
4 S + 4 E = N
4S + 4 E = 6 S
2 S = 4 E
S = 2 E
E is half as fast as S, and woul;d take 12 hours alone.
- algebra - Ramie, Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 9:55pm
are you available to answer one right now?
- algebra - Ramie, Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 9:57pm
Alex can run 5 miles per hour on levelground on a still day. One windy day he runs 11 miles with the wind, and in the same amount of time runs 4 miles against the wind. What is the rate of the wind?
- algebra - serj, Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 10:39pm
Read the second bullet point on the first page, in the bold and italics, at the end of the second sentence.
I seriously, seriously hope you weren't dumb enough to use your real first name. Mine definitely isn't Serj.
time = distance/rate and you set the rate up as (5+x) and (5-x) where x is the wind rate. The distance is obvious. solve for x.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Ms. Spinoni can prepare a mass-mailing of 500 letters in 10 hours. Mr...
- Solving Rational Equations - Ms. Spinoni can prepare a mass-mailing of 500 ...
- Algebra - jon can type a report in 9 hours, nick can do the same job in 5 hours...
- Math - IT takes Holly 5 hours to type a paper. It takes Mike 6 hours to type the...
- Algebra - Sue, an experienced shipping clerk, can fill a certain order in 5 ...
- Precalculus - Could someone help/verify these answers~ Thanky you! 1.What is the...
- Intermediate Algebra - Joe can paint a room in 6 hours while Sue can paint the ...
- math - A father can do a job in a certain number of hours. His son takes twice ...
- elementary and intermediate algebra - Barry can do a certain job in 9 hours, ...
- algebra - Sally works at a grocery store. In one week she earned $390 for ...