Posted by Jennifer on Monday, October 3, 2011 at 1:23pm.
This is not a test question, but I did not know what the appropriate topic for my question is.
If I used the terms 2, 3, 4, 8 consecutive terms of the Fibonacci sequence. "a" is the first and fourth terms and "b" is twice the product of the second and third terms. "c" will be the sum of the squares of the second and third terms.
I think I need to set the problem with the equation a^2 + b^2 = c^2
6^2 + 14^2 =
I do not think that I am doing this correctly and could use some help.
- Fibonacci Numbers - Reiny, Monday, October 3, 2011 at 2:18pm
I love the Fibonacci sequence, but I can't make any sense out of your question
First of all the consecutive terms of the sequence would be
2, 3, 5, 8, 13, ....
According to you , "a" is 2 "and" 8 . Are we adding them? , ok, so a = 10
b = 2(3)(5) = 30
c = 9 + 25 = 34
is 10^2 + 30^2 = 34^2
no, it is not
How did you get the numbers 6 and 14????
- Fibonacci Numbers - Jennifer, Monday, October 3, 2011 at 3:49pm
I think it is the fibonacci numbers and the wording of the word problem. I thought I had to add 4 and 2 together to get the 6 and then square it. I am just confused. Thanks
- Fibonacci Numbers - Reiny, Monday, October 3, 2011 at 4:37pm
You did not read my reply carefully.
We form a new Fibonacci number by adding the two previous numbers, so 4 does not fit the pattern,
The 4 should have been a 5.
Please type the question exactly the way it appeared.
- Fibonacci Numbers - Jennifer, Monday, October 3, 2011 at 5:49pm
Thank you Jennifer! I just figured out where I went wrong in wording the problem.
Thank you for helping to guide me in the right direction.
One more problem to go by Friday...I just may be calling on you!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math (fibonacci - A sequence of numbers is called a Fibonacci-type sequence if ...
- Fibonacci numbers - I have three problems to answer dealing with Fibonacci ...
- Pre-Calc - Find three examples of the Fibonacci sequence in nature. Write a ...
- Math - F25= 75,025 and F26= 121,393 where Fn is the nth term in the Fibonacci ...
- maths! please help me it is an emergency!!!!!!!!!! - what is the fibonacci ...
- Math - In the first sixteen terms of the Fibonacci sequence, which ones are even...
- Colelge Math (Fibonacci) - "Start with a pair of rabbits, (one male and one ...
- math - There is no function equation for the Fibonacci numbers, you have to use ...
- Ficonacci puzzles - Take any Three consecutive fibonacci numbers: multiply the ...
- bole seniour school - construct flow chart for generating the nth fibonacci ...