Posted by jen on Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 8:34pm.
please help classify each word in this sentence:
Several children played on the swings during recess.
english - Writeacher, Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 8:35pm
I'll do the first few for you.
Several - adj
children - noun
played - verb
Let us know what you think about the others.
english - jen, Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 8:48pm
article adj- the
object of the prep-swings
english - Writeacher, Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 8:58pm
during = preposition (it can be an adv, too, but in this sentence, it's a prep.)
recess = noun/obj of prep
english - jen, Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 9:07pm
Can you help me with this sentence
The two blue birds trill merrily each morning.
object of prep-morning
is this right?
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 9:26pm
All right -- except --
each is an adjective, modifying the noun, morning.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Shurley English - Please help classify each word in the sentence. Before dinner...
- Criminal Justice - A recess appointment occurs when: a. the president makes an ...
- 3rd grade Shurley English - Please help classify each word in the following ...
- Shurley English - Please help to classify: Before dinner Terry and I played a ...
- English - Several __________ were left on their desks in the classroom during ...
- language arts (adverbs) - Modifying 1)what does the word (originally) modify in ...
- English!! - Hi!! Do I need to take the word, "now" out in the sentence below?: ...
- English - Did I classify this sentence correctly? The (A) birds (SN)/ in (P) the...
- english /help - label the subject and the verb of each of each clause. Then ...
- Shurley English - My son has to classify each word in the sentence; The boys ...