Posted by anonymous on Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 7:10pm.
1) Starting with 75.00 g of 1-propanol and 75.00 g of PCl 3. Calculate the theoretical yield of 1-chloropropane.
3CH3CH2CH2OH + PCl 3 --> 3CH3CH2CH2Cl + H3PO3 Answer in terms of grams.
the answer that i got is 98.12, is this right and how many sig figs should it be?
2) What is the concentration of a solution formed when 15.0 mL of 6.00 M HCl are diluted with 25.0 mL of water? Answer in terms of moles/L.
the answer that i got is 3.60, is this right and how many sig figs should it be?
3) What is the volume of a 3.72 M Na3PO4 solution needed to prepare 2.50 x 102 mL of a 1.43 M Na+ solution? Answer in terms of mL.
the answer that i got is 96.1, is this right and how many sig figs should it be?
4) What is the concentration of an HI solution if 75.0 mL of the acid required 35.21 mL of 0.1894 M KOH to reach the endpoint in the titration? Answer in terms of moles/L.
the answer that i got is 0.08892 is this right, and how many sig figs should it have?
- chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 12:07am
I used 60.096 for the molar mass of the alcohol and 78 .54 for the molar mass of the 1-chloropropane and I obtained 98.01817. You are allowed 4 s.f. so I would round my answer to 98.02 grams.
#2 is 3.60 and you are allowed 3 s.f.
#3. I don't think so.
You want moles Na = 1.43M x 0.250 = ?
moles Na3PO4 = moles Na/3 = ?
M Na3PO4 = moles Na3PO4/L Na3PO4 = about 32 mL. You are allowed 3 s.f.
#4 is ok. Are you having trouble with s.f.? Here is a link that should help.
- chemistry - anonymous, Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 9:09pm
are you sure about number 4? shouldn't it have 3 significant digits because of the 75.0 ml ?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- bioelectricity - Let Pk, Pna and Pcl be permeabilities of squid axon membrane ...
- Chemistry - How many grams of commercial C2H4O2 (97% pure by mass) must be ...
- Chemistry - 1.) How many grams of 2-propanol are expected from the complete ...
- math - how do you calculate theoretical yield of something? I don't know where ...
- More Chemistry (yeah im bad at math...) - In the Reaction CO+2H²-->CH³OH, 1....
- chemistry - I have to find the theoretical yield of acetylsalicylic acid in the ...
- Chemistry - I have a problem that has been driving me crazy trying to solve, and...
- Chemistry - If 64.0 g of H2O are actually obtained, find the actual yield %. ...
- chemistry - Suppose 3.50g each of sulfamic acid and sodium nitrite were allowed ...
- chemistry - would it be: O.2576/0.7086=0.3635 0.3635 X 87.65= actual yield? A 2...