Posted by The Desperado on Friday, September 30, 2011 at 10:56pm.
A sample of propane,C3H8, contains 14.4 moles of carbon atoms. How many total moles of atoms does the sample contain?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, September 30, 2011 at 11:47pm
14.4 moles C atoms will have 14.4/3 moles propane (C3H8) molecules and 8x that for moles H atoms. Then add moles C + moles H.
- Chemistry - The Desperado, Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 12:01am
So will this be my equation:
14.4 moles of C atoms x (1 mole C3H8/3 mole C) = 4.8 mole C3H8 (?)
but, i'm not sure how to do the one for H.
- Chemistry - Steve, Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 12:11am
You don't have to do H.
But if you did, it'd be 14.4/3 (# moles) * 8 = 38.4
Each molecule has 11 atoms.
You have 4.8 moles = 52.8 moles of atoms
(Note how 52.8 = 14.4 + 38.4)
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 12:55am
Do it as Steve suggested and it saves one step but the answer is the same either way.
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Thursday, October 6, 2011 at 3:35pm
A sample of propane, , contains 11.4 of carbon atoms. How many total moles of atoms does the sample contain?
- Chemistry - Nas, Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 4:55pm
it has 24.12 g
- Chemistry - W.S. Neal, Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 2:24pm
Which of the following compounds would contain a total of three carbon atoms
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A sample of propane C3H8 contains 13.5 moles of carbon atoms how ...
- chemistry - A sample of propane, \rm C_3H_8, contains 12.8 moles of carbon atoms...
- chemistry - A sample of propane(c3h8)has 3.84x10^24 H atoms. a) how many carbon ...
- Chemistry 111 - As a sample of propane C3H3 contains 14.8 moles of carbon atoms...
- CHEMISTRY - A sample of C3H8 has 2.64 x 10^24 atoms. How many carbon atoms does...
- chemistry - a sample of glucose, c6h12o6 contains 2.03*10^21 atoms of carbon. (a...
- Chemistry - A sample of sucrose, C12H22O11(s),contains 0.16 mol of oxygen, atoms...
- Chemistry - A sample of toluene, C7H8 has a mass of 74.5 g. How many moles of ...
- Chemistry - A sample of C3H8 has 2.64 x 10^24 atoms. How many carbon atoms does...
- AP Chem - A sample of (N2H5)2C3H4O4 contains 1.084 x 1024 carbon atoms. How many...