Posted by Anonymous on Friday, September 30, 2011 at 8:38pm.
I got lost at this part. I'm not sure what to do now, if i am solving it correctly.
I was not sure where to go from here. This is most likely incorrect, the way I am solving it.
Algebra 2 - Reiny, Friday, September 30, 2011 at 10:24pm
4a-2 ≤ a+1 ≤ 3a+4
4a-2 ≤ a+1 AND a+1 ≤ 3a+4
3a ≤ 3 AND -2a ≤ 3
a ≤ 1 AND a ≥ -3/2
so : -3/2 ≤ a ≤ 1
0 < 4-8x < 5
-4 < -8x < 1
1/2 > x > -1/8
-1/8 < x < 1/2
the reason I did not have to split up the second is that we could subtract 3x from both ends and the x's disappeared.
I had to split up the first, since I could not eliminate the x's from both ends.
Algebra 2 - Anonymous, Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 12:19am
Thank you so much.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 1 help please - 4) a student score is 83 and 91 on her first two quizzes...
- PRE - CALCULUS - Eliminate the parameter t. Find a rectangular equation for the ...
- Differentials (calc) - Solve the Poisson equation ∇^2u = sin(πx) for ...
- Algebra 2 - Did I solve this quadratic inequality correctly? Is my work correct...
- Calculus - f is a continuous function with a domain [−3, 9] such that f(x...
- statistic - Given that z is a standard normal random variable, compute the ...
- calculus - In spherical coordinates, the inequalities 0≤ρ≤2, 3...
- Probability - Random variables X and Y are distributed according to the joint ...
- probability - Random variables X and Y are distributed according to the joint ...
- Math - Minimize C=7x+3y+4z 0≤x 0≤y 0≤z 100≤2x+3y+3z 120...