Posted by Katie A on Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 10:40pm.
if I solve this by substitution
I end up with -3.8
But I think there is no solution
- Math 116 - Reiny, Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 11:38pm
sub the 2nd into the 1st
8(29-7y) + 7y = -13
232 - 56y + 7y = -13
-49y = -245
y = 245/49 = 5
then x = 29 - 7(5) = -6
- Math 116 - Steve, Friday, September 30, 2011 at 11:32am
You should have questioned your "no solution" answer, since the lines have different slopes. The have to intersect somewhere.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 116 algebra please check - Solve by the substitution method 3x + 7y =15 x=...
- Math 116 - Solve by the substitution method. 3x+8y=57 x=67-8y
- Math/116 week seven - solve by the substitution method. 2m+n=1 m-9n=10
- alg math 116 - 9x +3y=-51,-5x +y=39 solve using substitution method
- algebra - i need help with these problems (either a solution or how to plug them...
- Math - Use the substitution method to solve the following system of linear ...
- Math 116 algebra please check - Solve by elimination method 2x + 3y =1 4x + 6y =...
- Math 116 algebra please check - Solve the following systems of equations x + 6y...
- Algebra - Solve by substitution or elimination method: 4x – 5y = 14 -12x + 15y...
- math - solve by the substitution method 3x + 6y = 27 -2x + y = 12 what is the ...