Posted by Chandler on Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 10:14pm.
Given the following list from the activity se-
ries of metals (from most active to least ac-
K, Na, Al, Mn, Cr, Cd, Co, Pb, Hg
which reaction would you NOT expect to oc-
1. Na(s) +Mn2+(aq) ! Na+(aq) +Mn(s)
2. Co2+(aq) + Al(s) ! Al3+(aq) + Co(s)
3. Cd(s) + Pb2+(aq) ! Pb(s) + Cd2+(aq)
4. Al3+(aq) + Cr(s) ! Cr3+(aq) + Al(s)
5. All of the listed reactions will occur.
chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 11:13pm
Metals will displace any ion below it in the activity series. For example, #1 will occur since Na (the metal) is above the Mn(ion).
chemistry - visuvbibdskj, Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 4:03pm
chemistry - lcs, Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 10:37pm
wouldn't it be 4 because those are both in the activity series under the category that displaces H from steam?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Given the following list from the activity series of metals (from ...
- Chemistry - List a series of test that would determine the order of activity (...
- chemistry - which metal react most vigorously? metals aluminum, copper, ...
- chemistry - 1) List a series of tests that would determine the order of activity...
- chemistry - Use an activity series to identify two metals that will not generate...
- chemistry - the activity series of metals is: Au < Ag < Cu < Sn < Cd...
- chemistry - the reaction with ammonium hydroxide with the following metals: Fe3...
- chemistry - what is the reaction with sodium hydroxide for the following metals...
- chemistry - On an activity series for metals aluminum is more active than ...
- science/heat - Which of the following is most likely to be an insulator and why...