Posted by Jet on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 11:11pm.
Write and solve a system of equations for each situation. Check your answers.
13. Your school sells tickets for its winner concert. Student tickets are $5 and adult tickets are $10. If your school sells 85 tickets and makes $600, how many of each ticket did they sell?
14. A grocery store has small bags of apples for $5 and large bags of apples for $8. If you buy 6 bags and spend $45, how many of each size bag did you buy?
algebra - Reiny, Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 12:35am
number of adult tickets sold = x
number of student tickets = 85-x
solve: 10x + 8(85-x) = 600
14. set it up the same way as #13
number of bags of small apples = x
number of bags of large apples = 6-x
algebra - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 8:01pm
algebra - Anonymous, Monday, October 5, 2015 at 9:59pm
algebra - Quy, Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 10:06am
A grocery store has small bags of apples for $5 and large bags of apples for $8. If you
buy 6 bags and spend $45, how many of each size bag did you buy?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Write and solve a system of equations for each situation. 1.Your school ...
- Algebra! - Can you please assist with this question: At a school production, ...
- substitution - Tickets to a movie cost $7.25 for adults and $5.50 for students. ...
- math - You and your friend are selling tickets to a charity event. You sell 7 ...
- Algebra - The school that Trevon goes to is selling tickets to a choral ...
- math/algebra - A total of 770 tickets were sold for the school play. They were ...
- pre algebra - a total of 400 tickets were sold for the school play, they were ...
- asc - Miguel is selling tickets to a barbecue. Adult tickets cost 6.00 and ...
- Algebra - A Theatrical Play On the first night of the school play, the Drama ...
- Math - I'm not sure how to do this: There are 9 people who are going to see a ...