Posted by Jonathan on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 9:18am.
I posted yesterday and didn't get a response so I'm hoping someone can check these today-Thank you they are polar coordinate questions--My answers are her I just need them checked-
1.Which of the folowing is another representation of (-3,pi)?
(3,0 degree)I think it is this one??
2.Which is not a representation of (5,150 degree)
(-5,-30 degree)I think it is this one?
3.Give 3 representations of (3,240 degree)One has to be in radians
My choices are: (3,600 degrees)
(3,-120 degree degree)
4.Give 3 representations of (-6,3pi/4)one has to be radians
I gave-(-6,495 degrees)
- Pre-Calc - bobpursley, Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 10:05am
2 Normally we avoid negative angles, but if one allows them, then all the answers represent 5,150
3. Ok, except are you allowing negative angles?
Question 2 bothers me as a bad question.
- Pre-Calc - Reiny, Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 10:08am
I agree with the first three
for the last one, since the angle in the original is in radians, you should stay with radians
so (-6,11π/4) --- your first one
(-6, -5π/4) --- your 2nd
- Pre-Calcbob pursley please recheck - Johnathan, Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 10:10am
In #2 it was which one is NOT a representation , that's why I thought (-5,-30) I can't have all of them just the one that is NOT a representation
- Pre-Calc - Johnathan, Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 10:12am
- Pre-Calc - bobpursley, Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 10:14am
I made myself clear. Just why do you think -5@-30 does not produce a ray at 5@150? The negative on the five says, add 180 to the angle.
Maybe I am missing something. Most math teachers would agree with Reiny on 4, I am an engineer, so I live in many alternative languages on math. I also speak negative angles.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- General - Please understand that I am not upset with anyone or whatever I just ...
- Pre-Calculus - I posted earlier and didn't get an answer so I'm posting again-...
- Romeo and Juliet Help (24 hours and no response) - I posted questions yesterday ...
- Intro. to Comp. - Would you please go to page 2 and look under "intro. to comp...
- social 10 COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! - Historical Globalization & IMPERIALISM...
- Pre-Calc-Please check I'm desperate - Please check my answers I really need to ...
- chemistry - hi, Can you please double check to see if i have got this right? Is ...
- Pre-Calc - Please check my answers I really need to do my homeowrk!;This are ...
- Spanish-Please check SraJMcGin - Hi, I redid some of the answers as suggested ...
- Dr.Bob can you check out the question down the pg - I posted a question ...