Posted by Anna on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 8:39am.
a question regarding Universal Law Of Gravitation.
If the clouds are 50 km. high , what is its proportional distance to a globe which is one foot in diameter ? Thank you :))
- Science - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 9:00am
The diameter of Earth = 12,756 km = 12,756,000 m
1 foot = 0.3048 m
0.3048 / 12756000 = 2.38946378175 * 10 ^ -8
50 km = 50,000 m
50,000 * 2.38946378175 * 10 ^ -8 = 0.00119473189 m
1 m = 1000 mm
0.00119473189 m = 1.19473189 mm
aprox. 1.2 mm
Answer this Question
- Physics - Newton's Law of universal gravitation - Describe how Newton used each ...
- science/maps - Earths diameter is about 13,000 Kilometers. If a globe has a ...
- Science check answer quick! - I really do not understand Number 7 Which of these...
- 6th grade science (physics) - explain and describe Law of Universal Gravitation ...
- Physics / Astronomy - Here is my question: Consider the bending of light by the ...
- science - Explain the law of universal gravitation
- Science - What is the best definition for The law of universal gravitation ?
- 6th grade science - What is the universal law of gravitation?
- science - how does mass differ from weight what is law of universal gravitation
- science - if a globe has a diameter of 0.5 meters write the globes scale as a ...