Posted by Andy on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 12:51am.
How could you test your gold jewelry to determine whether it is a pure compound or a mixture?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 1:42pm
Pure gold (100% Au) is soft and all gold jewelry I know of is a mixture of Au alloyed with another metal. Have you seen the old old movies showing a seedy looking settler being paid with gold. They bite the piece of metal. If it is soft it is pure gold.
- GOLD DUST FOR SALE - BENSON IMO, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 4:40am
GOLD DUST FOR SALE
Dear Sir/ Madam,
We are small scale Gold miners here on the sub-region of West Africa. We have some huge
quantity of alluvial Gold Dust for sale at a considerable price of $30,500USD per kilo
which is below world market price, 22 carat and 92.05% purity. If you are interested, do
not hesitate to get back to us as soon as possible for us to give you our full co-operate
MR BENSON IMO
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - From the jewelry descriptions given, select the homogeneous mixture...
- chemistry - From the jewelry descriptions given, select the homogeneous mixture ...
- Algebra - The purity of gold is measured in karats. Twenty-four karat gold is ...
- Algebra 2 - The purity of gold is measured in karats. Twenty-four karat gold is ...
- Chemistry - Consider a piece of gold jewelry that weighs 9.81 g and has a volume...
- math - The amount of gold jewelry and other products is measured in karats (K), ...
- Adut education - The amount of gold jewelry and other products is measured in ...
- Chemistry - The relative amount of gold in an alloy is commonly expressed in ...
- math - jewelry marked 14 karat gold is 14/24 pure gold. what is the percent
- math - jewelry marked 14 karat gold is 14/25 pure gold. what is the percent