Posted by Alexis on Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:27pm.
What is the meaning of this quote and how does it relate to the King Lear play?
Give me your hand. You are now within a foot
Of th' extreme verge. For all beneath the moon
Would I not leap upright.
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:46pm
Find the act and scene here and read it -- original on the left, modern English on the right. Then let me know if you still don't understand.
- English - Alexis, Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 9:06pm
I have actually done it like that, and I still don't understand the importance of the quote.
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 9:10pm
OK, tell me the exact act, scene and lines.
- English - Alexis, Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 9:13pm
It's Act IV; Scene VI; Lines 26- 28
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 9:19pm
OK, do you understand what has happened up to this point? Gloucester thinks Edgar (G's son, but in disguise) has led him to the edge of a cliff, and G wants to jump off and commit suicide. Do you understand why G's own son is in disguise, doesn't want his father to recognize him?
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 9:21pm
But G has been blinded, and thinks he's being led to the cliff's edge. He has to trust that Edgar is doing what he wants.
But we really know what? Did Edgar lead him to a cliff's edge?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - critic please.. - Shakespeare’s plays have enjoyed success for ...
- English - 1. Would you give me a hand with the dishes? 2. Would you give me a ...
- English - How does Shakespeare work loyalty and betrayal into the play King Lear...
- litreature- king lear - write a journal in king lear : the idea tha power ...
- English - 1. I can give you a hand if you want. -That would be great. (What is ...
- Literature - There is no poetic justice in the play King Lear
- english - what is the "lord of the flies"? use a quote which helped you ...
- English - Let's give him a big hand. Let's give a big hand to him. Let's applaud...
- litreature - king lear - who said this quotation in king lear: thou shoulds't ...
- English - 1. On the one hand they want to go abroad, but on the other hand they ...