Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 12:50pm.
1. Which of the following will result in a chemical change?
A. Melting ice to obtain water
B. Evaporating alcohol into vapor
C. Drying wood in a shed
D. Burning coal in a furnace(My answer)
2. A salt is obtained as a reaction between
A. a nonmetal and a metal.
B. a base and water.
C. an acid and oxygen.
D. a base and an acid.(My answer)
3. The chemical symbol for sodium is
C. Na.(My answer)
4. According to Table 1 and the other information in your study unit, which of the following elements is stable?
A. Neon(My answer)
5. The primary metallic element that's added to steel to make stainless steel is
D. chromium.(My answer)
6. The atomic number of oxygen is 8, because oxygen has
A. eight protons in the nucleus.(My answer)
B. electrons in eight shells.
C. a second shell with eight electrons.
D. an atomic mass of 8.
7. Which one of the following chemical equations is balanced?
A. 2NaCl + H2SO4 → HCL + NaSO4
B. NH3 + H2O → 2NH4OH
C. KOH + H2SO4 → KHSO4 + H2O(My answer)
D. 2Na + S → 2NaS
8. Which of the following is one way to prevent the corrosion of iron?
A. Protect the iron from polluted air.
B. Add carbon to the iron.
C. Let the iron develop a natural coat of carbonate.
D. Paint exposed iron parts with protective paint.(My answer)
9. Which one of the following groups of chemical compounds is composed entirely of organic compounds?
A. C2H4O, CH2O, CaSO4, C3H5(OH)3
B. C6H6, C2H5OH, C6H5CH3, C3H5(NO3)3 (My answer)
C. C2H2, CH4, CaCl2, CaCN2
D. Ch3OCH3, Ca3(PO4)2, CO2, H2CO3
10. According to the periodic table in your study unit, the element fluorine is classified as a
C. alkali metal.
D. halogen.(My answer)
Please check my answers!!
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 1:25pm
4. I don't know what this means. I don't have table I and the other information. And what do you mean by stable?
8. Your answer probably is the best listed.
9. Your answer probably is the best listed.
- light - norman, Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 4:50am
Which of the following values represents an index of refraction of actual material?A.0 B.1/4 C.1/2 D.5/4
- Chemistry - Christian, Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 6:29pm
#2 is D,and all the other answers you have are right..just took test..
Answer this Question
chemistry - Hello. In the class, we did the experiment to calculate the value of...
Chemistry - Which of the following will result in a chemical change?
chemistry - Which of the following will result in a chemical change?
chemistry - which of the following will result in a chemical change?
--->CHEMISTRY<--- HELPP - (a)107.868 - (2.113e02) + (5.623e03) Calculator ...
chemistry - Which of the following compounds would result in an exchange ...
chemistry - The reaction A + B + C = products has a rate law rate = kA]C]2. ...
chemistry - How does Le Chatelier's principle explain the result you obtained ...
INTRODUCTORY ALGEBRA - FOR HOMEWORK I HAVE TO DO A NUMBER TRICK BY PICKING A ...
chemistry - which of the following will result in a chemical change?A.melting ...