Posted by Henry2 on Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 7:42am.
I'm finding it difficult to turn sentences (or better speech acts) into indirect speech. Can you please check my sentences (for making arrangements)?
1)“Is it OK if we to meet/if we meet at seven o’clock for dinner?”
2) “Would it suit you to meet a little earlier?”, she asked.
3)“Would it be better to meet/if we met a little earlier?”, she asked.
4)“Would you prefer it if we met a little earlier?”, she asked.
5)“What about/how about meeting at seven o’clock?” “Is seven o’clock OK (or is that too early for you)?/ How does seven o’clock for dinner sound?”
1) She asked me if it was OK (with me) if we met at seven o’clock for dinner.
2) She wanted to know if it would suit me to meet a little earlier.
3) She wondered if it would be better to meet a little earlier.
4) She asked if I would prefer it if we met a little earlier.
5) She asked me if we could (?) meet at seven o’clock/if it seven o’clock was OK/ how seven o’clock sounded (?).
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 7:48am
1. Good job -- but put "me" only once in this one -- either one is fine to keep, but then delete the other.
2. and 3. = fine
4. This sounds awkward; it'd be better like this: She asked if I would prefer to meet a little earlier.
5. All are fine.
- English - anabelle, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:59pm
soooooooooooo whats your answer
Answer this Question
MATH,ALGEBRA - My questions are: why are variables useful in algebra? Also, what...
English: DEBATING! - Hi I need help I am finding my topic quite difficult. I am ...
English comp 1 - I am writing about teen suicide but I am finding it difficult ...
english - Which sentence below contains a dangling modifier? Finding a place to ...
English - Which sentence below contains a dangling modifier? Finding a place to...
english - Can you help me answer this question. I am supposed to write an ...
English - As to my previous post, I thought I could use the infinitive with to ...
Algebra 1 - s(x)=1/5x^2 Can anyone help me find the vertex of this equation and ...
English - 1. The problem is so difficult that I cannot solve it. 2. The problem ...
Medical Insurance - I am having a difficult time finding a resource to site for ...