Posted by Henry2 on Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 7:42am.
I'm finding it difficult to turn sentences (or better speech acts) into indirect speech. Can you please check my sentences (for making arrangements)?
1)“Is it OK if we to meet/if we meet at seven o’clock for dinner?”
2) “Would it suit you to meet a little earlier?”, she asked.
3)“Would it be better to meet/if we met a little earlier?”, she asked.
4)“Would you prefer it if we met a little earlier?”, she asked.
5)“What about/how about meeting at seven o’clock?” “Is seven o’clock OK (or is that too early for you)?/ How does seven o’clock for dinner sound?”
1) She asked me if it was OK (with me) if we met at seven o’clock for dinner.
2) She wanted to know if it would suit me to meet a little earlier.
3) She wondered if it would be better to meet a little earlier.
4) She asked if I would prefer it if we met a little earlier.
5) She asked me if we could (?) meet at seven o’clock/if it seven o’clock was OK/ how seven o’clock sounded (?).
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 7:48am
1. Good job -- but put "me" only once in this one -- either one is fine to keep, but then delete the other.
2. and 3. = fine
4. This sounds awkward; it'd be better like this: She asked if I would prefer to meet a little earlier.
5. All are fine.
- English - anabelle, Friday, November 9, 2012 at 6:59pm
soooooooooooo whats your answer
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- english/speech - list and define two techniques you may use in the conclusion of...
- English - I forgot to include the following two sentences and as well as few ...
- english - 1 'are you free this afternoon'she said. (into reported speech) 'dont ...
- English - Thanks for your last corrections. Can you check these sentences too? 1...
- English - I included other sentences I turned into indirect speech. Where can I ...
- English - Here is the second speech act. Thank you for your cooperation. I also ...
- English - Thank you very much, Writeacher. Can you also suggest to me short ...
- English - Could you please check these other sentences? Thank you. 2)Then he ...
- English - Could you check the following sentences on indirect speech, too? Thank...
- English - Thank you very much for your last corrections. Can you check these ...