Posted by kimi on Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 2:58am.
in 2001,there were g white storks migrating fron europe to africa in winter.The next year, only half of the white storks made the journey to africa.in 2003,the number of migrating white storks decreased by another 45.
(a) find the number of white storks that migrated in 2003 in terms of g.
(b) if the number of white storks that migrated in 2001 was 1800,how many white storks migrated in 2003?
word problem(algebra) - JOHN SNOW, Monday, July 25, 2016 at 7:01am
2001 white storks = g
2002 white storks = g/2
2003 white storks = g/2 - 45
A.) g/2 - 45
B.) g/2 - 45
Substitute 1800 to g
= 1800/2 - 45
= if not same denominator, you must multiply whole number to denominator then add to numerator then divide back to the denominator. Like this:
= 45 x 2
= 100 + 1800
There are 950 white storks migrating in 2003.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Thank you for your corrections. I really need to know if the following...
- brain teaser - a small child is lost in a snow storm. How will you find the ...
- Science - In a certain plant, red flower color(R) is dominant over white(R). if ...
- biology - Suppose you have monohybrid snapdragons in your garden and you find ...
- ONE english question??? - 12. Read the following lines from the poem "Africa." ...
- Math - A bouquet of 5 roses is made from 8 pink roses and 7 white roses: 1. Find...
- English; Help/Check. - Write down what you learn about Herbert, Mr. White, and ...
- English - 1.) Read the following lines from the poem Africa. "Impetuous son ...
- Biology - In Siberian Huskies base fur color is represented by black & white fur...
- math - i need help with this open-ended you are having so much fun in the ...