Posted by jaz on Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 12:15am.
Find the length of a side of a square whose perimeter and
area have the same value.
perimeter of a square is P=4s & the area of a square is A=s^2
- geometry - Reiny, Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 10:41am
so you know
s^2 = 4s
s^2 - 4s = 0
s(s-4) = 0
s = 0 or s=4
So the side is 4 units
area = 4^2 = 16
per. = 4(4) = 16
- geometry - tchrwill, Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 10:45am
Why did you stop? You were on the right track but forgot to make use of the most important piece of information given.
The perimeter of a square of side "s" is P=4s.
The area of the same square is A = s^2.
Find the length of a side of a square whose perimeter and area have the same value.
P = A = 4s = s^2
Can you take it from here?
Answer this Question
- math - A square has the same area as a rectangle whose longer side is 2 times ...
- 2nd grade math - If you have a rectangle with 24 square units 3 lines down 8 ...
- Pre-Calculus - Composition of Functions f o g(x)=f(g(x)) --> I know that this...
- Geometry - A rectangle has the same perimeter as a square. If the area of the ...
- Math - Find the Maximum area for the given perimeter of a rectangle. State the ...
- basic geometry - these is my homework, and I would like for some to tell me if I...
- geometry - Square 1 has an area of 49 sq. in. if each sideof square 2 is 3 ...
- Analytic Geometry - A square is a quadrilateral with four equal sides. The area ...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 2 times its width and its perimeter is 42 cm...
- Geometry - If the diagonal of a square has a length of 10 suare root of 2 cm, ...