Posted by peyton on Saturday, September 24, 2011 at 5:19pm.
I isolated x+2y=3 to make: x=3-2y
then i began to sub in equation one with equation two:
after that i began to try to solve the equation but my answers were not correct. any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Grade 10-Math - Reiny, Saturday, September 24, 2011 at 6:20pm
You are substituting for y instead of x
Besides that you were still keeping the y as well.
5(3-2y) + 4y = 8
15 - 10y + 4y = 8
-6y = -7
y = 7/6
then in x = 3-2y
x = 3-14/6 = 2/3
x = 2/3 , y = 7/6
- Grade 10-Math - peyton, Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 3:55pm
i understand how you got the answer i just don't get why i don't put 5x+4y before the equation because i have been for all the other ones and i got those ones right..
for example this one:
i isolated the second equation into y=3+x
then i subbed in the other equation..
and i checked my answer and it was correct.
i just don't understand what i'm doing wrong for the equation.. because i keep thinking the full equation must go first not seperate it.
- Grade 10-Math - Penny, Monday, September 26, 2011 at 1:59pm
Horizontal line through(5,0)
- Grade 10-Math - Anonymous, Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 4:58pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- alg. - solve the system by addition: -5x-9y = -5 x+5y=-15 I've tried this one ...
- Algebra2 - Find the polynomials roots to each of the following problems: #1) x^2...
- Algebra - I have a few questions that I need help with. Solve the radical ...
- math - compare and contrast: below are two equations. solve each equation and ...
- math - A hot air balloon was at a height of 60 feet above the ground when it ...
- 8th grade math - how do you make an equation that is parallel to another ...
- math - x+y= 30 4x+2y=74 y+ What does the y+ signify? Are you supposed to solve ...
- math- can you please check my work - Can you please check my work. I asked this...
- MATH - I NEED TO SOLVE FOR Y AND X im getting rele confused on this. ok here is ...
- science - Please help me with this question.... The isotope caesium-137, which ...