Posted by Leanne on Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 9:08pm.
Can anyone find any poetic devices in this poem?
(metaphors, similes, personification, etc)
AMBITION BY DES WALSH
Once upon a time
A poor man
Sat all day
Hoping for food
Outside a kitchen door
At night he would think
Of the golden sands
Where he used to walk
Before the days of his captivity
Or of books he read
Tales of gods
And the golden fleece
And he thought that some day
He would write a book
A book where he would
Work in the kitchen.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English- poetry - Can anyone find any poetic devices in this poem? (metaphors, ...
- English 10 - What poetic devices were used in the poem "What Was Told, That"? ...
- Poetry - I need a poem that contains at least six of the poetic devices listed ...
- poetry - I need a poem that contains at least six of the poetic devices listed ...
- Eng 12 - What's the poetic device for this poem? this is only the other half of ...
- Poetry/English - I am STILL trying to find 3 poetic devices in the poem "The ...
- poetry - what form of poetry is an immortality by ezra pound? and are there any ...
- English - Can someone please help to find poetic devices in this poem? I know ...
- poetry - Find poetic devices on Smith's poem on being caution against walking on...
- English - Woman She wanted to be a blade Of grass amid the fields But he wouldn’...