Posted by Whitney on Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 3:30pm.
The projectile motion is fired with velocity of magnitude vo at the angle feta. Find feta for which the maximum elevation of the projectile is twice its range
Physics - bobpursley, Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 3:38pm
feta is a cheese, not much else. Theta is a Greek letter that is often used for an angle. But feta? it won't hold up more than about 30 degrees, and even then if falls down.
Vertical height=2*horiztal distance.
So vertical height first:
at the top, vertical velocity is zero.
or time to top is vo*sinTheta/g
then verticalmax height is
vo*cosTheta* vo sinTheta/g
(vo*sinTheta)^2 /g = 2*(vo^2 cosTheta*sinTheta)/g
theta=arcTan2 or = 63.4349488 degrees
check all this.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - The projectile motion is fired with velocity of magnitude vo at the ...
- physics question - In a projectile motion, the horizontal range and the maximum ...
- Physics - A projectile is fired such that its horizontal range is equal to 2.5 ...
- Physics - How do you find the "range" for a projectile launched where feta = 0 ...
- physics - The range R of a projectile is defined as the magnitude of the ...
- Physics - Q Exactly 2.7s after a projectile is fired into the air from the ...
- physics - A projectile is fired with an initial speed of 65.2 m/s at an angle of...
- math - A gun is fired from a bunker of 2m deep with an initial velocity of 500m...
- Science - Physics - When a projectile is fired horizontally, which of the ...
- Physics - a projectile is fired with an initial speed of 53 m/s. Find the angle ...