Posted by Angel on Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 11:42pm.
If the initial temperature is 115 F (46 degrees C), the cold water temperature is 1.7 (degrees C), and the volume and volumetric flow rate are 3,000 liters and 30 liters per minute, respectively,
(a) Calculate the expected water temperature at 5-minute intervals for the first 60 minutes after the flow of cold water is established
( I have no idea how to solve this problem am completely lost on the equation use and everything please help)
Excel Problem - DrBob222, Monday, September 19, 2011 at 12:24am
heat lost by hot water + heat gained by cold water = 0
initial volume = 3000 L
30 L/min x 5 min = 150L
[mass cold water x specific heat x (Tfinal-Tinitial)] + [mass warm water x specific heat x (Tfinal-Tinitial)] = 0
You know mass cold water (150L = 150kg
You know specific heat water
You know initial T of warm water = 46 C
You know initial T of cold water = 1.7 C.
The only unknown is Tfinal. You can calculate that at 0 min = 46 C
First 5 minutes given by above equation. The next 5 min interval is done the same way.
Excel Problem - Angel, Monday, September 19, 2011 at 12:55am
the formula giving was T= Tin. - (Tin. - Tint.)e (-v/v)
Where Tin = 1.7 degrees C
and Tin is the to the temperature of the cold water flowing into the tank
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemstry/(microsoft excel) - I am having a hard time solving this problem. The ...
- Chemistry - I am having a hard time solving this problem. The formula given is: ...
- chemistry - a container with an initial volume of 6 liters at a temperature of ...
- PHYSICS - A BATH CONTAINS 100 KG OF WATER AT 60 DEGREES CELCIUS. HOT AND COLD ...
- Physics - a BATH CONTAINS 100 KG OF WATER AT 60 DEGREES CELCIUS. HOT AND COLD ...
- Physics Help!!! - The water in your bathtub is getting cold. You currently have ...
- physics - water 20 degrees celsius flows through a 25 mm diameter pipe at a rate...
- Caluculus - Can anyone help me with this problem? Suppose that during a ...
- moles of water produced? - We mixed HCl and NaOH into water and got this table, ...
- HELP! MATH - cold yam is put into a hot oven, the temperature of the yam begins ...