Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 11:35pm.
I need someone to go over my answers please, I was haveing trouble on these three. If I got it wrong will you tell me how I should solve it with formulas please.
What is the wave speed for a wave of 5 meters wavelength that has a frequency A) 25.6 m/s.
B) 64 m/s.
C) 128 m/s.
D) 640 m/s.
I think its a
A string on a guitar is 0.4 m long and produces 360 Hz as its fundamental tone. If you press on the string so that you reduce its free length to 0.2 m, what tone will it produce?
A) 270 Hz.
B) 480 Hz.
C) 540 Hz.
D) 720 Hz.
I think it is D
You have a tuning fork that produces a frequency of 512 Hz in air. You submerge it in the swimming pool and strike it against the wall underwater. The speed of sound in water is 1500 m/s. What will the resulting frequency and wavelength be?
A) 740 Hz, 3.41 m
B) 740 Hz, 0.773 m
C) 512 Hz, 3.41 m
D) 512 Hz, 2.93 m
- Physics - drwls, Monday, September 19, 2011 at 5:16am
In the first question, you did not provide the frequency.
Your answer to the second question is correct.
In the third question, the frequency remains the same under water and (1500 m/s)/(frequency) is the new wavelength.
- Physics - taz, Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 1:07am
i think the first question the answer is A. wavespeed=frequency x wavelength
so multiplied equals 640
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP - Find sin(θ), cos(θ), ...
- Chemistry - I'm doing online homework and the follow question has come up: Write...
- Math for Trish To Help Me With - Factor the following. You will earn 5 points ...
- Science/ Social Studies - I need help with those two subjects. Please tell us ...
- math - Im a little confused can someone please help? Solve: -7x-24=-26 1/3 This ...
- Advance Math. - Hello i'm haveing trouble with this problem, when I solve it I'm...
- statistics-PLEASE HELP quick - I understand most of the formulas however Im not ...
- Algebra 2 - would some one please check these for me 1. divide x^2-36y^2 over 5x...
- Physical Science - I need someone to go over and correct my answers please, I ...
- Math Help Please! - My investment in Edgewater stocks is losing half its value ...