Posted by Elllie on Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 5:03pm.
Please check answer and help with one of them:
1. check please
car in an accident speed of car is the s, d is length of skid=30 feet
f is coefficient=0.5
use formula to find
s=sqaure root of 30*f*d
My answer is 21.21 because I took square root of 30(0.5)(30)
2. this one is baffling to me-how do I do this one-3 times square root of (x+1) is less than or equal to 7 Please help-Thank you
- Pre-Calc - Elllie, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 5:04pm
I posted earlier but no one answered so I was hoping if I reposted someone could help
- Pre-Calc - Reiny, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 5:14pm
3√(x+1) ≤ 7
9(x+1) ≤ 49
9x ≤ 40
x ≤ 40/9
of course in √(x+1) , x >-1 or else the √ is undefined.
so -1 ≤ x ≤ 40/9
- Pre-Calc-reiny please recheck - Elllie, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 6:01pm
Thank you for showing me the second one-just one question-is #1 correct the way I did it?
- Pre-Calc - Reiny, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 6:06pm
correct if you formula was
s = √(30fd)
- Pre-Calc - Ellie, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 6:21pm
The 30fd was under the square root sign-thank you
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calc - Please check answer and help with one of them: 1. check please car in...
- math - Can someone please check my math questions? My answers are under the ...
- Alg2 - Help w/Word Prob: LAW ENFORCEMENT A police accident investigator can use ...
- Math - The police can determine the speed a car was traveling from the length of...
- Algebra 2 - The Formula s= sqrt 30fd can be estimated the speed of s, in miles ...
- Algebra - The formula r=2sqrt(...)5L can be used to approximate the speed r, in ...
- Algebra - The formula r =2 sqrt.5L can be used to approximate the speed r, in ...
- Math - Police use a formula s = S √1/L , where S is the test-car speed and...
- algebra - Use the following situation to answer the next four questions. The ...
- math - Use the following situation to answer the next four questions. The ...