Posted by Cassidy on Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 1:17pm.
If there are 10 points on a lone how many line segements does that make?
- Geometry - Reiny, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 1:45pm
If the 10 points include the two endpoints,
then a line segment is identified by 2 points at a time
so the number is
C(10,2) = 45
e.g. suppose you label the points
A B C D ... J
then possible line segments are
that is : 9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 = 45
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - Which geometric figure could not be drawn using both perpendicular ...
- geometry - We are learning about proofs. We drew lines between noncollinear ...
- Conjectures-Geometry - Given: Segements JK, KL, LM, MN, and NJ with only J, K, ...
- Geometry - Okay heres the pic. There is a plane with points B,D, and E.those [...
- geometry - Decide which one of the following statements is false. a. any three ...
- geometry - Joey plots a point P on the line AB, as shown. Which statement is ...
- Analytic Geometry - Reflecting points over lines - Let P = (5,1), and let Q be ...
- geometry - I have to construct my initials J and E geometrically. I drew a base ...
- Geometry - Points G and H lie on line k and have coordinates (2,0) and (-1,9), ...
- Math - We are learning about proofs. We drew lines between noncollinear points. ...