Posted by Angie on Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 12:42am.
One difference between tragedy and comedy is that tragedy
A. uses supernatuarl elements
B. usually features an extraodinary hero.
C.makes us laugh at ourselves,not others.
D. uses metaphors and analogy to make its point
- DRAMA - SraJMcGin, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 12:43am
Try some of the following links for information:
- DRAMA - Angie, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 12:50am
- DRAMA - ALISON, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 1:14am
Tragedy- the fall of a tragic hero
Comedy- funny based on words
- DRAMA - Writeacher, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 7:23am
Comedy in the traditional sense (ancient Greece and Rome; Shakespeare) is not "funny" in our modern-day understanding.
Notice that in Shakespeare's tragedies, just about everyone dies by the end of each play. In his comedies, however, that doesn't happen.
Read that first paragraph VERY CAREFULLY.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- literature-drama - One difference between tragedy and comedy is that tragedy A. ...
- literature - One difference between tragedy and comedy is that tragedy?
- English - I left out the following sentences, thank yoU, Writeacher. 1) She ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. Thank you very much for ...
- english - which of the following genres is defined by form rather than theme: ...
- English - Could you please check this paragraph I varied on the tragedy of ...
- American Literature - Which of the following genres is defined by theme (what ...
- DRAMA - 1. "The best in this kind are but shadows" is A. Titania talking about ...
- ENGLISH - WHAT ARE EXAMPLES OF ARISTOTELIAN TRAGEDY ,SHAKESPEAREAN TRAGEDY AND ...
- Literature - please check this question for me What are the two essential ...