Posted by Jon on Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 2:55pm.
Hi, I have two questions about biology I need help with.
1) Some questions fall outside the realm of science, which of the following questions could not be answered using the scientific method?
A)What is the function of the appendix in human beings?
B) Why is it unethical to test newly developed drugs in animals?
C) Why do smokers develop lung cancer more frequently than nonsmokers?
D) Why is it so difficult to quit smoking?
I'm pretty sure it's B because it cant make moral judgements.
2) The scientific method cannot be used to evaluate untestable hypotheses, what types of questins are untestable?
A)questions about topics other than the natural world
B)questions about events immediately following the origin of the universe
C)questions about the behavior of plants and animals
D)questions whose possible answers are socially controversial
I think it's D, but I'm not sure.
- Science - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 3:00pm
I agree with both your answers.
- Science - Jon , Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 3:20pm
Well for 2, my notes say how the scientific method can be useful for studying the natural world, I don't know if that means the answer would be A then. Do you know by any chance?
- Science - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 3:34pm
Isn't a socially controversial question an "untestable hypotheses"?
However, I can see how A might be the answer your instructor wants.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology - Some questions fall outside of the realm of science;which of the ...
- Science - Why is the use of the inquiry process a practical way to approach ...
- Science - Which statement about scientific question is true? a. Scientific ...
- BIOLOGY - which of the follwing is best definition of science? A.a body of ...
- child care - I have a questions please 1.An inappropriate science activity for a...
- 7th grade science - Sorry! this is alot of questions. Science is not my best ...
- Geometry - I HAVE A QUESTION. When I post a question and there is now response ...
- Biology - Describe two scientific theory (atomic,kinetic,cell theory) and non ...
- probabilities - A multiple choice test has 16 questions. Each question has 4 ...
- Science - I have two questions that I need some help with please. 1) Developing ...