Posted by HM on Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 2:03pm.
I used the quadratic formula and I got a -5+2√12
However the real answer is -5+4√3
What am I doing wrong?
- College Math - Anonymous, Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 2:41pm
A survey of 100 people to determine their preferred source of information gave the following results:
65 watched television
39 read the newspaper
39 listened to the radio
20 watched television and read the newspaper
27 watched television and listened to the radio
9 read the newspaper and listened to the radio
6 watched television, read the newspaper and listened to the radio
a) How many people surveyed used another means of communication other than the three listed?
b) How many people surveyed used only one of the three methods of communication?
- College Math - Quidditch, Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 5:07pm
You got the right answer! It just needed to be reduced.
-5 + 2*ã(12)
=-5+2*ã4 * ã3
- College Math - Quidditch, Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 5:08pm
My Alt+251 keyboard did not post as a square root--reposting...
- College Math - Quidditch, Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 5:11pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Find an equation of the line that bisects the obtuse angles formed by the...
- grade 11 math - I don't get how to do this. I'm so lost please help me. ...
- Algebra - 1. Simplify the expression: 4√18+5√32 A.45√2 B.32...
- Algebra - Simplify the expressions and solve the equations 1. 2√3 - √...
- 8th grade algebra - Can you check my answers? 1. 3√20/√4 = 3√(...
- amth/algebra - can someone help me with simplification: ã20/5 - 1/ã5 my first ...
- Math - I need someone to check my homework answers. I don't really know this ...
- Algebra - Check My Work - For Question 1-8 Simplify the Radical Expression...
- Math - I really need help with a quadratic question. So the problem is kx^2+[k+2...
- math - I just want to see if my answers are correct and if no, can you please ...