1. What do you want for your birthday?
- What I want for my birthday is a smart phone.
2. What do you want on your birthday?
- What I want on my birthday is a new laptop.
- I want a new laptop.
- I want to get a new laptop.
- I want to have a new laptop from my father.
(Are the questions and answers all grammatical? What is the difference between 'on' and 'for' in the questions?)
English - SraJMcGin, Friday, September 16, 2011 at 4:03am
"on my birthday" means on that very day.
"for my birthday" could be before or after