Posted by ALISON on Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 10:27pm.
how do i find the exact value of s
sin s = radical2/ whole number 2
what is s in radians?
how do i figure this out without the use of a calculator. I drew the graph and located it in the second quadrant and i think the triangle is a 45-45-90 but i don't how to find the radians for the sin of s.
Trig - Reiny, Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 11:42pm
start with this equation:
π radians = 180°
now divide this by simple whole numbers
divide by 2 ---> π/2 = 90°
divide by 3 ---> π/3 = 60°
divide by 4 ---> π/4 = 45°
divide by 5 ---> π/5 = 36
divide by 6 ---> π/6 = 30°
divide by 8 ---> π/8 = 22.5°
copy this chart into a handy place in your notebook.
you know that the sine is positive in the first and 2nd quadrant.
Since s of sin s in in the second quadrant,
s = π - π/4 = 3π/4 , (180-45 = 135°)
sin 3π/4 = .707106781... = √2/2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - Hi i have two questions: what is the exact value of cos 5(pie)/12? ...
- physics - The motion of a particle is described by x = 10 sin (piet +pie/2 ). At...
- maths - Choose the two options which are true for all values of x 1) cos (x) = ...
- Pre-Calc - Hi, Find the exact value of the following expression: Sin^-1(1/...
- trig - i can not figure out how to write the complex number in rectangular form ...
- trig - secx=5 use a graph to solve the following equation in the interval x is ...
- math - evaluate the expressions below and leave them in radical form. 1. sin(pie...
- trig - use a sum or difference identity to find an exact value cos pie/12
- trig identies 5.3 &5.4 - use a sum or difference identity to find an exact value...
- Trig - Use the half angle formula to find the exact value of tan 7 pie/8