posted by Henry2 on .
Can you please check these few sentences for me? Thank you very much.
1) Walter Pater, the theorist of the aesthetic movement, believed that art shouldn't have any didactic purpose. It should be devoted to the cult of beauty.
2) The task of the poet was therefore to to feel sensations and not to describe the world. He believed that pleasure, whih he considered the greatest goal in life, derived from the indulgence in the beautiful.
3) Can you say : Decadent writers aimed at feeling sensations rather than at describing the world.
2. 2 commas needed; sp? >> which
3. I'd say they aimed for creating sensations in their readers...