Posted by John on Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 2:02am.
Im having trouble understanding the concept of pressure. Help please!
What is the pressure at the bottom of a tube of mercury that is 0.2 m deep?
An elephant with a mass of 1000 kg stands on a circus platform that weighs 50 kg. The area of the bottom of the platform is 1.25 mē. How much pressure is exerted on the floor beneath the platform?
Two barometers are identical except that one is filled with water while the other is filled with benzene. In which barometer will the liquid rise higher, and by how much?
If you increase the pressure on the air inside a cylinder to three times its original value, the volume of the air inside the cylinder will be ____________________.
- Physics - drwls, Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 1:28pm
Use the formulas
pressure = (force)/(area)
(pressure) = (density)*(height)*g + Po
where Po is atmospheric pressure at the top of the column (for an open manometer)
We will gladly critique your thinking if you will make an effort.
- Physics - Anonymous, Monday, September 19, 2011 at 5:05pm
for the elephant one you use the formula
F/A = mg/A
m= mass of elephant + mass of platform
a= area of the platform
hope this helps!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Im having trouble understanding the concept of pressure. Help please...
- Science - What is the pressure at the bottom of a tube of mercury that is 0.2 m ...
- pressure - ab open tube mercury manometer is used to measure the pressure in an ...
- physics - A clear plastic tube with a diameter of 12cm and 110cm high is filled ...
- Physical Science - Can you please go over my answers to see if Im correct Im ...
- Physics - it didnt let me put the link to image.. A tube of radius 5 cm is ...
- General Chemistry - If the pressure is 748 mmHg, and if h= 35mm, what is the ...
- science - What pressure is exerted at the bottom of a tube of mercury 15 cm high...
- Science - What pressure is exerted at the bottom of a tube of mercury 15cm high?
- physics - I recently did an experiment where I measured pressure at a few ...