Posted by Soh on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 8:15pm.
Which of these phrases best decribes rhythm?
A.repeated sounds across lines of poetry
B. a poem's cadence, pace, or ongoing momentum
C.a collection of lines in a poem
D.the regular or irregular rhyme scheme in a poem
The book section we read today disn't define the word well, so know I'm unsure if its A or B. B makes more sense in general but the text says that rhythm "(of a poem) is a distinct beat produced by the pattern of accented and unaccented syllables" Could i get some help with this? Preferably from more than one person, to get a general consensus. Thanks
- English-Poetry - HM, Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 8:20pm
I would say B
- English-Poetry - bobpursley, Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 8:20pm
B is very correct.
listen to the beat here:
There go, my hearts content.
Do you hear the beat, the cadence of the syllables?
- English-Poetry - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 8:23pm
This definition will help you make your decision.
Also see the first word defined here:
- English-Poetry - Soh, Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 12:46pm
The answers was B. Thanks for the help everyone :)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- english - Which of the following phrases best defines rhythm? Repeated sounds ...
- English 11 - Not sure: Which of the following phrases best defines rhythm? (1 ...
- english - 1. Which of the following phrases best defines rhythm? (1 point) ...
- english 11 - Read the fallowing Papago song. Identify its purpose. "No talking, ...
- Poetry Help~! - 1) Which definition below best describes the definition of theme...
- ENGLISH - 6. The following words share a denotative meaning. Which one has a ...
- Ed Tech - What is rhyme scheme? A. The stressed and unstressed syllables within ...
- English 2 - Respond to the following question about the poem "The Alarm Clock" ...
- English - Can you please check these sentences for me? Thank you very much. 1)...
- English - 1. Dialectical poetry is poetry that a uses a unique rhyme scheme and ...