Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 8:40pm.
A child organizes animal blocks in rows on the ground. There are 64 animal blocks in the 5th row & 92 of those blocks in the 9th and last row. Suppose that the number of animal blocks frm row to row form an arithmetic sequence.
The number of animal blocks in the first row is....
I can’t seem to find a pattern, having a hard time solving this problem too.
Also How do I find the total number of blocks used in the arrangement?
The answer somehow is 36, and the total number of blocks is 576. I don't know how to get this.
Im probably supposed to use one of these formulas... Sn = n[2a +(n-1)d]/2
Sn = n(a +tn)/2. Still I don't get how to do it
Math Block Problem - bobpursley, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 8:48pm
the difference between the ninth and fifth is 28, so that is between 4 rows, so the differnce between each row is 28/4=7
start with 9th and go down:
36 first row.
Sum them: Sn= 9(2*36+8*7)/2=9*(72+56)/2=
Math Block Problem - Anonymous, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 8:52pm
Thanks so much. I was so confused :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - A child organizes animal blocks in rows on the ground. There are 64 ...
- Math Help - A child organizes animal blocks in rows on the ground. There are 64 ...
- MATH Word Problem - A child organizes animal blocks in rows on the ground. There...
- Arithmetic Sequence - A child organizes animal blocks in rows on the ground. ...
- Math- arithmetic - A pile of blocks has 60 blocks in the bottom row, 54 blocks ...
- Algebra - Check my answer please! A tower of blocks has 1 block in the top row, ...
- Algebra - A tower of blocks has 1 block in the top row, 4 blocks in the next row...
- math - Mike was bored so he played with some colored blocks arranging them in a ...
- Math - Two sizes of concrete blocks are being used to build a raised garden bed ...
- calculas 1 - A child places n cubic building blocks in a row to form the base of...