Posted by Bryce on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 3:36pm.
Will someone please write an expression for these? I am horrible at this, i will solve them though.
1.) Logan withdrew $32 from her bank account. After her withdrawal, her balance was $8. How much was originally in her account?
2.)The baseball birthday batter package at a minor league ballpark costs $192. The package includes tickets, drink, and cake for a group of 16 children. What is the cost per child?
3.)After taxes,Alexandras take-home pay is 7/10 of her salary before taxes. If her take-home pay was $392, what was her salary before taxes?
4.)Your weight on the moon is about 1/6
of your weight on Earth. If a person weighs 16 pounds on the moon, what is his weight on earth?
5.)Paul bought a student discount card for the bus. The card cost $7, and it allows him to buy daily bus passes for only $1.50. in his first month, Paul spent a total of $29.50 to ride the bus. How many daily bus passes did he buy?
6.)Jennifer is saving money to buy a bike. The bike costs $245. She has $125 saved, and each week she adds $15 to her savings. How many weeks will it take Jennifer to save enough money to buy the bike?
- Word Problems - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 3:37pm
What do you mean "write an expression?"
1. $38 + $8 = $46
- Word Problems - Bryce, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 3:39pm
Like, so i can solve it.
- Word Problems - bobpursley, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 3:45pm
I will do a few.
- Word Problems - Bryce, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 3:49pm
thank you! how would you solve 1/6e = 16?
- Word Problems - bobpursley, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 3:55pm
multply each side by six.
- Word Problems - Bryce, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 4:04pm
thank you so much, i am having hard times with number 3 though.Can you please hint me some info on how to write it?
- Word Problems - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 4:23pm
0.7x = 392
Bryce -- these don't look like h.s. senior problems.
- Word Problems - Bryce, Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 4:24pm
Its for Jacob, i use jiskha as a resource for stuff i dont know. I tutor only Biology and English, very little math.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - For the first time customers, a bank will open an account with $25 ...
- math - I need help with these questions please. Could someone please check them ...
- math - On May 31, 2011, James Logan Company had a cash balance per books of $6,...
- business - On May 31, 2011, James Logan Company had a cash balance per books of...
- accounting - On May 31, 2011, James Logan Company had a cash balance per books ...
- mosinee - Jane Hilman went to her bank. She had a balance of $1,009.88 in her ...
- Math - Logan changed bank account and now receives 1% more in interest than he ...
- Math - “On Monday afternoon Kelly withdrew 5% of the balance of her bank account...
- 5th grade - Write an expression for the following sentence. Thoma had some money...
- math - This morning Tom deposited 22.25 in his bank account. At lunchtime he ...