Posted by Piwokazi on Monday, September 12, 2011 at 4:08pm.
Help find the general solution to:sin^2x-3cosx+sinxcosx-3sinx=0
- trig - Reiny, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 6:36pm
sin^2x - 3sinx + sinxcosx - 3cosx = 0
sinx(sinx - 3) + cosx(sinx - 3) = 0
(sinx - 3)(sinx + cosx) = 0
sinx = 3 , which is not possible
sinx = -cosx
sinx/cosx = -1
tanx = -1
x = 135° or 225° or in radians, 3π/4 , 5π/4
the period of tanx = 180° or π radians
general solution: = 3π/4 + kπ
x = 5π/4 + kπ , where k is an integer
Answer this Question
- trig - Help find the general solution to:sin^2x-3cosx+sinxcosx-3sinx=0
- Trigonometry. - ( tanx/1-cotx )+ (cotx/1-tanx)= (1+secxcscx) Good one! ...
- Precalculus/Trig - Prove the following identity: 1/tanx + tanx = 1/sinxcosx I ...
- trig - What's the general solution for 3sin^2x+sinxcosx=2
- Precalculus/Trig - I can't seem to prove these trig identities and would really ...
- trig - find the exact solutions 2cos^2x+3sinx=0 the way it stands, that is a "...
- TRIG! - Posted by hayden on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 4:05pm. sin^6 x + cos^6...
- Math - 1. Find y'(x) when xsecy - 3y sinx = 1 a) (3ycosx - sec y) / (xsec^2y - ...
- trig identites - since sin2x+√3cos2x=2sin(2x+60) find the general solution...
- trig - What is the shift along x of the following trig functions? y = (3sinx/2...