Posted by Jen on Monday, September 12, 2011 at 1:52pm.
Please check my work. Thank you.
1. According to FedStats, what was the number of building permit in 2007?
Answer #1 is D.
2. Which of the following is a primary source?
A. Newspaper article published in the 1980s that reports on an event in the 1880s
B. A recently published history book that cites diaries and letters from the 1880s
C. Diaries and letters from the 1880s published in a recent book that is a collection of diaries and letters from the 1880s
D. An encyclopedia article citing events form the 1880s and giving a list of works cited
Answer #2 is C.
3. A quick way to get the definition of “mensa” when working on the Internet would be to type
A. an e-mail to the librarian
B. “allintitle: mensa” into the search engine.
C. “info: mensa” into the search engine.
D. “define: mensa” into the search engine.
Answer #3 is D.
4. Scholarly journal article are written:
A. For a general audience
B. By lower division college students
C. By reporters
D. By experts in a subject field
Answer #4 is D.
5. A strong search strategy for a search engine would include which of the following?
A. Using quotation marks, hyphens, and unique words
B. Entering one or two related words
C. Using several synonymous terms in the search
D. Reading all the hits from your first search
Answer #5 is C.
6. Which of the following sets of Dewey Decimal call numbers is in the correct order?
A. 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU, 010.1 ABR, 004.15 KWA
B. 100.1 BLU, 010.1 ABR, 004.15 KWA, 100.01 PRO
C. 004.15 KWA, 010.1 ABR, 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU
D. 010.1 ABR, 004.15 KWA, 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU
Answer #6 is C.
7. Which of the following sets of Library of Congress call numbers is in the correct order?
A. PE205 .C253 1954, PH202 .H255 1965, PA 203 .B252 1971, P201 .A251 1977
B. P201 .A251 1977, PA 203 .B252 1971, PE205 .C253 1954, PH202 .H255 1965
C. PA 203 .B252 1971, P201 .A251 1977, PE205 .C253 1954, PH202 .H255 1965
D. P201 .A251 1977, PE205 .C253 1954, PH202 .H255 1965, PA 203 .B252 1971
Answer #7 is B.
- Literacy - Writeacher, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 1:58pm
1 -- did you check at fedstats.gov?
2, 3, and 4 are correct.
5 would depend on what you're searching for, wouldn't it?
I can't even read 6 and 7 -- too many all-caps/numbers -- hard on the eyes.
- Literacy - Writeacher, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 1:59pm
For #1, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm asking if you checked there to choose this answer. If it's what you found on fedstats.gov, then it's undoubtedly correct.
- Literacy - Jen, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 2:21pm
Question # 1.
The web page showing 1,398,414 building permits for 2007, but none of the choice showing that figure.
- Literacy - Writeacher, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 2:23pm
Then you made a good choice. It's the answer closest to what you found. =)
- Literacy - Jen, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 2:31pm
Thank you very much.
- Literacy - Writeacher, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 2:37pm
You're doing well on these questions (including the ones in the past, right?). Congratulations!
- Literacy - Anonymous, Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 5:19pm
which of the following sets of library of congress call number in the correct order?
A. E88 G62 D225 E88 G62 L116 1995 E88 G62 L45 E88 G2515 S57 1998
B. E88 G2512 S57 1998 E88 G62 D225 E88 G62 L166 1995
C. E88 G62 L166 1995 E88 G62 L45 E88 G62 D225 E88 G2512 S57 1998
D.E88 G2512 E88 G62 L166 1995 E88 G62 L45
- Literacy - chachou, Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 12:34pm
- Literacy - Priscilla, Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 6:52pm
Which of the following companies publishes Pediatric Nursing?
A. Jannetti Publications, Inc.
B. Royal College of Nursing Publishing
C. Elsevier Science Publishers
D. Advanstar Communication, Inc
- Literacy - donna, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 6:20pm
THE ANSWER IS (C)
Answer this Question
information literacy - According to fedstats,found in Virtual Reference room,...
literacy - what was the fedstats found in virtual ref room
Physics repost please check - Good morning. This is a repost. The system is ...
Physics- drwls please check - Good morning. This is a repost. The system is ...
health services - which demographic trends do you expect to have the greatest ...
Iraq - can you find a site of a total # of troops that have died since the ...
language could you please check my work - true(t) or false (f) 1)f reading is ...
Business Communication - Identify the sentence with correct pronoun agreement. (...
cultural diversity - 1. Advocates of social skills building and role modeling ...
Literacy 4 - Please check my work. Thank you. 1. Government documents in a ...
For Further Reading