Posted by Soh on Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 9:39pm.
Check these English questions for me please?
I'm not asking for anyone to do my work for me, Im just not sure if these answers are right and would like a reassurance, preferably from someone who has done the assignment before.
1. Why was literacy a prime concern in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
so people could read the Bible and protect themselves from sin
so people could write to relatives still living in England
so people did not miss the colony’s monthly news reports
so people would not be cheated at the market
2. How does early American English differ from contemporary English? (1 point)
Early American English cannot be understood by contemporary readers.
Early American English is generally less formal.
Early American English is generally more formal.
Early American English was heavily influenced by non-English-speaking cultures.
3. Which of the following statements gives the best summation of life in Plymouth Plantation? (1 point)
The settlers lived in total harmony upon founding their community.
The Native Americans immediately recognized the threat that the settlers posed to their way of life.
There was discord and tension among the settlers, but they resolved their differences.
Plymouth Plantation was a successful settlement from its inception.
4. The first surviving book of American poetry was written by which Puritan author? (1 point)
Rev. Cotton Mathers
Rev. Michael Wigglesworth
2-C or D, I'm really unsure of this one
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 9:41pm
I agree with your answers.
2 is probably C.
- English - Soh, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 12:45pm
Thanks for the help, all the answers were right and 2 was C.
- English - matt, Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 5:07pm
number 2 is c
- English - Clarissa, Friday, September 6, 2013 at 11:49am
Answer this Question
English - Thank you for your corrections. Can you check these questions and ...
English - In English, we're learning about the Holocaust and we are answering to...
English - Can you please check these questions, too? Thank you. 1) Answer four ...
English - Can you please check the sentences? Thank you, Writeacher. 1) Are ...
Spanish Beg. 1 - HW Check/HELP! - 4. Que tiempo hace? English - What's the ...
english - for the article "DON'T LEAVE ME HERE TO DIE" i need to ask tought ...
English Expressions - ex) She is an English teacher. English teacher is a ...
english Please check answer - 10. In a research proposal, your sources should ...
English - Could you please check these sentences? Thank you. 1) We're looking ...
english - Can someone check my english essay. 700 words. I have English as 2nd ...