Posted by Soh on Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 9:39pm.
Check these English questions for me please?
I'm not asking for anyone to do my work for me, Im just not sure if these answers are right and would like a reassurance, preferably from someone who has done the assignment before.
1. Why was literacy a prime concern in the Massachusetts Bay colony?
so people could read the Bible and protect themselves from sin
so people could write to relatives still living in England
so people did not miss the colony’s monthly news reports
so people would not be cheated at the market
2. How does early American English differ from contemporary English? (1 point)
Early American English cannot be understood by contemporary readers.
Early American English is generally less formal.
Early American English is generally more formal.
Early American English was heavily influenced by non-English-speaking cultures.
3. Which of the following statements gives the best summation of life in Plymouth Plantation? (1 point)
The settlers lived in total harmony upon founding their community.
The Native Americans immediately recognized the threat that the settlers posed to their way of life.
There was discord and tension among the settlers, but they resolved their differences.
Plymouth Plantation was a successful settlement from its inception.
4. The first surviving book of American poetry was written by which Puritan author? (1 point)
Rev. Cotton Mathers
Rev. Michael Wigglesworth
2-C or D, I'm really unsure of this one
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 9:41pm
I agree with your answers.
2 is probably C.
- English - Soh, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 12:45pm
Thanks for the help, all the answers were right and 2 was C.
- English - matt, Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 5:07pm
number 2 is c
- English - Clarissa, Friday, September 6, 2013 at 11:49am
Answer this Question
Just a message(please read) - First of all I would like to thank everyone for ...
English Grade 11 College - I have trouble understanding of this article and how ...
Intro. to Comp. - Would you please go to page 2 and look under "intro. to comp...
8th Grade English - My teacher for my english class at school marked off for ...
english - Hello - I am not sure you can help me ...I have to write an essay ...
General - Please understand that I am not upset with anyone or whatever I just ...
Algebra - Suppose a triangle has angles A,B, and C. Angle C is the right angle. ...
English - I I met my favorite singer on the street, _____________________ 1. I ...
Math ~CHECK MY WORK PLEASE~ - Hello, Please check my answers, with stars (*) are...
English - (1) Are you doing any volunteer work? How about your friends? 1. Yes, ...