Posted by Henry2 on Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 11:22am.
Thank you very much.
I'm having problems in finding antonyms for the following adjectives describing personality. Can you check my list, please? I need to fing synonyms for "nosy" and an antonym for "sensible", "sensitive".
1) How do you call someone who likes teasing his schoolmates?
nosy (intrusive, prying, meddlesome) /dicreet
- English - SraJMcGin, Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 11:58am
Please try: http://thesaurus.com
Main Entry: nosy
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: curious; prying
Synonyms: eavesdropping, inquisitive, inquisitorial, inquisitory, interested, interfering, intermeddling, intrusive, meddlesome, personal, searching, snooping, snoopy
Antonyms: indifferent, uncaring, unconcerned, uninterested
I'm only looking at the 2 words - nosy & sensible.
sensitive = impassive, insensitive, thick-skinned, unsusceptible
sensible = impassive, insensitive, thick-skinned, unsusceptible
By now, with the links I have given you for synonyms and this one for synonyms, antonyms, etc. you should be able to do your own looking!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar and Composition - please check my answers: The following word pairs are ...
- English - Could you please check these adjectives referring to personality? ...
- English - I need the synonyms and antonyms to all the tenth grade SAT vocabulary...
- writing - i need synonyms, antonyms, and sentences that use the following words ...
- 3rd grade - Ineed help with the synonyms and antonyms ex. perfect, frawless is ...
- English - Could you please check these last sentences? Thank you very much. 1) I...
- English - I left out the following adjectives. Can you please check them, too? 1...
- English II - I need help writing 3 analogies using synonyms, antonyms and etc.
- english/antonyms - What is the antonym for these words? scatter double ...
- Vocabulary - Please help!!! I need to know at least 5 synonyms and 5 antonyms ...