Posted by david on Friday, September 9, 2011 at 5:34pm.
I need to know how to work this math problem: 3n + (-7) -5n +1
- 8th grade math - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 9, 2011 at 5:40pm
3n + (-7) -5n +1
3n - 5n + 6
-2n + 6
- 8th grade math - Kate, Friday, September 9, 2011 at 9:39pm
Like Ms. Sue showed, you need to combine like terms.
You cannot combine -2n and -6 so the answer would be -2n-6.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math: Mean, Median, Mode, Range & Finding the devi - What is deviation? And what...
- 8th grade math - i still need help on this problem ( 5x-2)-(6-2x)=-x-9+5x
- 8th grade Math - Hi I need help with my math problem. It is: Name the function ...
- math 8th grade - find 72% of 200 and i need to show work
- 8th grade math - I am in 8th grade math as a sixth grader. I am stuck on one ...
- Math - Theo made the table below to show the number of middle school students ...
- 8th grade math - y=1/4x-1 1/2y=x-2 2x+3y=3 3y=5-2x 4x-y=3 4x=y=1 I don't ...
- 8th grade - im in advanced math so i do 8th grade math and i dont understand how...
- 8th grade - math - 3 = y/-4 Does y = 12? Show the work
- 8th grade algebra - need ideas of personal experiences to create a mathematical...