Posted by Sandra on Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 11:24am.
Hi we just relexive verbs and I'm already stuck Please check this answer
¿Cómo te llamas?
1. Me llamas Isabel
2.Te llamas Isabel
3.Te llamo Isabel
4.Me llamo Isabel
Would it be "Me llamo Isabel?" because Te llamo Isabel is the usual way Also Te gustan los deportes?
Would I say
Si(accent over i), me gustan los deportes. or do I need the te in place of "me"
Sorry to act so dumb but I'm confused
- Spanish - Sandra, Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 1:36pm
So I didn't mean to put Te llamo Isabel as the usual way, I meant to say Me llamo Isable is the way I think we put it because that wouldn't involve reflexive in this case, I don't think.
- Spanish - Jenny, Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 4:35pm
¨Cómo te llamas¨ directly translates to ¨what do you call yourself?¨
Me llamo is correct because it means ¨I call (llamo) myself (me) Isabel¨.
Te llamas Isabel is ¨you call yourself Isabel¨, while Me llamas Isabel means ¨you call me Isabel¨
- Spanish - Jenny, Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 4:36pm
Also, you would put ¨me gustan los deportes¨, for the same reason (I like sports, not).
Te Gustan is ¨do you like sports¨
- Spanish - Sandra, Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 5:04pm
Thank you for answering
- Spanish - SraJMcGin, Friday, September 9, 2011 at 12:09pm
Reflexive verbs look like regular -ar, -er, -ir verbs (if they are regular) or stem-changing verbs (o-ue, e-ie, e-i) with one additional step. That is the reflexive pronoun referring back to the subject.
él/ella, usted = se
ellos/ellas/ustedes = se
Please repost any questions you have on Reflexive Verbs.
As for the verb "gustar" if you learn the meaning as "to be pleasing to..." you will understand how ONE thing IS pleasing = me gusta helado / and TWO or more things ARE pleasing = me gustan deportes.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- spanish - Choose the correct response to each question or statement. 1. ¿Quién ...
- Spanish - What is Me llamo Ana.?Y tu'? ?Co'mo te llamas?
- Spanish! - Write the correct form of the verb tener for the following dialogue ...
- Math - sarah and isabel each has an equal amount of money. After sarah spent 18 ...
- Spanish Beg. 1 - help! - spanish words to talk about names so far I got... comom...
- L.A. - In “Adventures of Isabel,” how is the doctor different from Isabel’s ...
- spanish - i was wondering if the following sentences correctly use the preterite...
- fraction comparisons - Max did 19 situps. This is 1/7 as many as Isabel. How ...
- Math - In “Adventures of Isabel,” how is the doctor different from Isabel’s ...
- English one question - In “Adventures of Isabel,” how is the doctor different ...