Posted by Henry2 on Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 6:09pm.
I find it difficult to look for appropriate synonyms. Here is what I found. I don’t know the meaning of “state residential treatment centre” .
1)A 13-year-old teenager throws a rock off a bridge over the motorway. The rock hits an oncoming car, killing the driver. In real life, the teenager is eventually tried in an adult court before a jury.
2) Two actors re-enact the story based on this true case. Other actors are then involved as the play continues.
3) They perform acrobatic feats (achievements?), dive into the audience, and swear profusely (continuously??) throughout the show. 4) At the end of the play the boy is acquitted and set free.When the teenage audience were asked to vote whether or not they thought the teenager in the case was guilty, the teenage audience was split almost equally into three groups: guilty, not guilty and undecided.
5) For one group of teenagers in the audience the play really hits home. (synonym).
English - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 6:59pm
"state residential treatment centre" means that the patient would live there (residental) to be treated (drugs, etc.) and it would be sponsored by the state.
Is that the only Synonym you needed? I'm sure I gave you a Synonym link before.
#5 "hits home" = affect, impress, move, strike
#3 "feats" = achievements is good
"profusely" = continuously or abundantly, copiously,extravagantly
English - Writeacher, Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 7:00pm
1 and 2 = OK
3 - There really is no synonym for "acrobatic feats"; "profusely" = a great deal or continuously.
4 - ...audience was asked... (subject-verb agreement); comma needed
5 - "hits home" = becomes real
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Thank you very much. Here are some mor sentences on the same theme I'd...
- Calculus - A rock is thrown upward off a bridge. In 2sec. the rock passes you on...
- physics - You're on a magic bridge floating 25 meters above a lake. You through...
- College Physics - Consider a rock thrown off a bridge of height 78.5 m at an ...
- Physics - Example 1: (Rock A) is thrown against a larger stationary rock(Rock B...
- physics - Consider a rock that is thrown off a bridge of height 27 m at an angle...
- Physics - A student drops a rock off a bridge. The rock has a mass of 5.81 kg. ...
- Physics- displacement, velocity, etc. - 25. Maria is standing at the edge of a ...
- Physics - A rock is dropped from a bridge to the water below. It takes 2.40 s ...
- science - a student is observing a rock. which of the follwoinf is an ...