Posted by Jen on Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 12:01pm.
Please check my work, thank you.
Question 1 – 4: Access the Library of Congress library Catalog. Then, find the information to answer the question.
1. What year was the oldest copy of Ralph Ellison’s Going to the Territory published?
Answer # 1 is B.
2. What is the call number of the oldest copy of Ellison’s Shadow and Act?
A. PS 153.N5 E4 1964
B. PS 153.N5 E4 1995
C. PS 3555.L625 G6 1964
D. PS 3555.L625 E6 1986
Answer # 2 is A.
3. Identify the publisher and the number of pages for Ellison’s 2002 edition of Invisible Man.
A. Gollancz, 439 pp
B. Vintage International, 581 pp
C. Random House, Inc., 439 pp
D. Modern Library, 290 pp
Answer # 3 is C.
4. What are the subject headings for the 2002 edition of Invisible Man?
A. Ellison, Ralph. Invisible man
B. African Americans in literature – Outlines, syllabi, etc.
C. American literature – History and criticism
D. African American men – Fiction
Answer # 4 is D.
5. Geographically, Guam is part of what Continent?
A. North America
D. South Africa
Answer # 5 is B
6. Who was awarded the Ethics in Government Award in 1995?
A. John McCain
B. Archibald Cox
C. Nelson Mandela
D. Paul Sarbanes
Answer # 6 is B.
- Literacy - Writeacher, Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 1:15pm
1. I find only 1985, but since it isn't on your list, I'd guess you're right.
3. I'd say you're correct, but this source gives a different number of pages: http://www.powells.com/biblio?show=9780375507915&page=excerpt Your LOC source may show it differently.
- Literacy - Writeacher, Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 1:35pm
5. I'd say Asia, but it's not one of your choices.
- Literacy - Jen, Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 1:40pm
Why the question mark on # 5?
- Literacy - Writeacher, Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 1:43pm
Read my post just above your last one.
- Literacy - Jen, Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 1:50pm
I will go with “B” and get back to you when I get back the results.
Thank you very much.
- Literacy - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 1:53pm
Yes, please tell us the answer. I agree with Writeacher that Australasia is not a continent -- and neither is South Africa.
- Literacy - Jen, Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 2:03pm
I’m confused. Are you saying that none of the choice is correct?
- Literacy - Writeacher, Wednesday, September 7, 2011 at 2:15pm
Ms. Sue is right. Among your choices, only Australia and North America are continents. South Africa is a nation. Australasia seems to be some geographers' designation of a geographical region.
Very strange answer choices there!
- Literacy - Anonymous, Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 10:09pm
5. Geographically, Guam is part of what Continent? Guam is North America, Because its a U.S. Common Wealth State. I would go with North America. :) Even tho it's close very close to Asia.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literacy - 4. Which of the following would be the best way to get to a list of ...
- Information Leteracy - Which of the following would be the best way to get to a ...
- use of library - (1)give the standdard difination of a library(2)differentiate ...
- information literacy - what year was the oldest copy of Ralph Ellison's Going to...
- Literacy 4 - Please check my work. Thank you. 1. Government documents in a ...
- Info. literacy - what is the call number of the oldest copy of Ellison's Shadow ...
- literacy - Whe reding an aricle in an encyclopedia the fasterest way to find ...
- Math - A survey was made of 200 students to study their use of the public ...
- English - 1. We should not scribble in books in the library. 2. We should not ...
- English! - What is the relative effectiveness of Internet search engines versus ...