Posted by Amy on Monday, September 5, 2011 at 9:15pm.
gains 0.2 every odd numbered month
gains 0.15 every even numbered month
write function for n months?
i've tried solving this with a formula, but every formula i come up with is wrong.
Could someone tell me how to solve this and plug in the right numbers into a formula?
- Math please help! - Amy, Monday, September 5, 2011 at 9:16pm
For the first five months algebrically i got:
i tried using this formula:
when i plugged in 1 for n i got 2400.
however, when i plugged in 2 for n i got 2880. which isn't right.
so i changed the formula to 2040(1+ .2)^1 I got the right answer
but is there a simple formula where i can just plug in the "n" and get the right amount?
- Math please help! - Amy, Monday, September 5, 2011 at 9:28pm
Is there one formula where i can get the answer to any month?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - invested 2000 gains 0.2 every odd numbered month gains 0.15 every even ...
- Math - invested 2000 gains 0.2 every odd numbered month final value after first ...
- mathamatics - on december31, 1995, paul invested $2000 in a stock. his stocker ...
- personal finance - in this problem: if you wanted to put aside $2,000 a year for...
- Problem solving - I was watching the street, there were mopeds(2 wheels) bikes(2...
- Find the pattern problem solving - I was watching the street, there were ...
- math - Blair opens his investment account with $500. He loses $15.45 the first ...
- Math - Grade 5 - After saving 4/5 of his salary every month, Zacky has $150 left...
- math - a gym membership charges a 100 dollars as an initial fee plus 25 dollars ...
- math - In a 365 day calendar year, there are ____ more odd-numbered days than ...