Posted by Mandy on Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 5:38pm.
Write an equation in slope-intercept form for each line described.
(I just need my work checked, thank you!)
The slope = 1/2, and the line passes through the point (3, -1)
First I used point slope formula
y-ysub1 = m(x-xsub1)
then, went on to distribute, getting
y+1 = 1/2x - 1 1/2
Then subtract 1 on both sides,
getting y = 1/2x - 1/2
Is this correct? Thank you very much in advance.
- Another simple math problem (y=mx+b) - Mandy, Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 5:39pm
Wait, I think I found my problem... I had added y+1 rather than subtracted.
- Another simple math problem (y=mx+b) - Mandy, Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 5:41pm
NEVERMIND again, I was right, hence the y - -1 would have been addition.. sorry guys! Still need someone to check for me! :) lol
- Another simple math problem (y=mx+b) - Anonymous, Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 6:09pm
y = 0.5x - 2.5
Slope = 1 / 2 = 0.5
For x = 3
y = 0.5x - 2.5 = 0.5 * 3 -2.5 = 1.5 - 2.5 = -1
- Another simple math problem (y=mx+b) - Reiny, Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 8:05pm
y+1 = (1/2)x - 3/2
y = (1/2)x - 5/2 or y = (1/2)x - 2 1/2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- geometry - I would love for someone to check my work on the seven problems that ...
- Math/Algebra do u know how to do slope intercept? - The following problems are ...
- math - pls check!!! - Write an equation in point-slope form for the line that ...
- Math please. - What is the y-intercept of y = 2/3x + 2? I have to write it out ...
- math - A line passes through the origin and the point (-6, 4). Write the ...
- Math(check) - 1)Find the range of the relation [(-1,4)},(2,5),(3,5)}.Then ...
- Math - What is the y-intercept of y = 2/3x + 2? I have to write it out but how? ...
- algebra - Could someone please check my work. what is the slope of the line that...
- algebra[please check] - in questions 1 and 2, write an equation of the line in ...