Posted by Cad on Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 2:15pm.
These are true and false questions and I want to be sure of my answers. Please someone check. Thanks:
The eight-element periodicity found in the Periodic Table is related to the number of electrons in the outermost energy level of the atoms that make up each element. True
2. Electrons in the first energy level of an atom are called valence electrons. False
3. For atoms important to life, if the first energy level is the outermost shell, it is stable with 2 electrons. If any other energy level is the outermost shell, it is stable with 8 electrons. True
4. Atoms tend to react in ways that give each atom a stable outer shell of electrons. True
5. Atoms with an outer shell that is almost empty are located on the right side of the Periodic Table while atoms with an outer shell that is full or almost full are located on the left side of the Periodic Table. False
6. Atoms in the same row of the Periodic Table tend to have the same number of valence electrons. False
7. Atoms with 7 valence electrons tend to be non-reactive. False
Biology - SraJMcGin, Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 2:16pm
Did you see that freind responded to your first post?
Biology - Cad, Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 2:33pm
Sorry didn't notice, now I saw it.
Biology - sana, Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 12:30pm
Comparing the pairs of elements listed below, choose the pair in which both atoms have nuclei with the same number of neutrons.
2311Na and 2412Mg
73Li and 94 Be
3216S and 5425Mn
147N and 168O
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology - These are true and false questions and I want to be sure of my answers...
- Elements - how can someone find out which element is a more chemically active ...
- science - describe the relationship between an element's placement in the ...
- chemistry - I wanted to check my True and False Chemistry HW. I am not 100% they...
- science - getting ready to turn this in just want to check my answers any takers...
- Chemistry - Name an element that has 5 electrons in the third energy level. How ...
- Science - Hi. Could you Please check my answers? I just want to make sure they ...
- Science - The Periodic Table 1) What conclusions can be drawn about the ...
- 8th Grade Science (Periodic Table) - 1. What conclusions can be drawn about the ...
- Chem help - Answer the questions below for an element that has the electron ...