Posted by michelle on Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 10:41pm.
Select the phrase below that uses the least biased language:
1.When greeting your new boss, be sure and shake his hand.
2.The linguists received their training at Oxford.
3.Mankind should celebrate this invention.
4.Due to the bravery of the fireman, the young child was rescued.
I am thinking its the last one, but then I go back and think its the 3rd one. I am not 100% sure
- communications100 - Writeacher, Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 10:45pm
Which sentence has NO REFERENCE of any kind to male or female?
- communications100 - michelle, Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 10:45pm
Which of the following words is the most abstract?
I think college degree, because you can see it and touch one, but also I am unsure who Toni Morrison is and you can probably see them.
- communications100 - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 10:46pm
Both 3 and 4 show biased language.
3. Why shouldn't women celebrate this invention too?
4. Are only men firefighters?
Look at the first two sentences. Which one does not assume the gender of the people involved?
- communications100 - Writeacher, Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 10:47pm
No, "college degree" is not the most abstract. Neither is Toni Morrison because she's a real person!
- communications100 - michelle, Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 10:56pm
Thank you ms. sue
- communications100 - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 10:58pm
Did you understand Writeacher's answers?
- communications100 - michelle, Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 11:09pm
The first one yes, second didn't help as much, but I figured it out.
Answer this Question
- math - Liann works in the old time soda shoppe the shop sells shakes. a single ...
- language - Identify the capitalized words in each sentence. HOLDING THE ...
- math - Liann works in the olde tyme Soda shoppe. The shop sells milkshakes, ...
- English - Select the letter of the choice that correctly identifies the ...
- medical law - Explain with whom, when, and how HIPAA education should be shared ...
- Grammar - Need a little bit of help here. 1. Select the correct verb form: A) ...
- Math - If there are forty new students in a class and the students have to shake...
- Math - I'm tutoring someone 1st year arts math and they have been given this ...
- english need help asap - * 3. Which phrase from Song of Myself, Number 52 is a ...
- English - This is what I think they are 1."Leaving their native land to colonize...