Posted by Shannon on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 11:57pm.
I have an assignment to write the subject pronoun that you would use when addressing a person and then what pronoun you would use when talking about them. I am totally confused and cant find help in my text.
looks like this:
Maite y Ines
Ines y Alex
un estudiante etc....
- Spanish - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 1:06am
You need to know whom you are addressing. If you are not on a first-name basis, use Usted. If you are on a first-name basis, use tú.
Don Francisco = Usted to him, él about him
Maite y Inés = Ustedes (unless your text book uses "vosotros/vosotras" in speaking to them. You need to know if Maite is a girl = Ellas; or a boy = Ellos
Inés y Alex = Ustedes (or vosotros) to them and Ellos about them
la profesora = Usted to her but Ella about her
un estudiante = tú (if you are also a student and you are on a first-name basis) to him but él about him.
Subject Pronouns are
yo = I
tú = you (singular, familiar)
él = he (or it for a masculine noun such as libro)
ella = she (or it for a feminine noun such as casa)
nosotros = WE (all males or one male and many females
nosotros = WE (all females)
ellos = they (people or things all masculine or one male and many females
ellas = they (people or things, but all female)
Talking ABOUT someone is probably
él = he/it
ella = she/it
ellos = they
ellas = they
- Spanish - Ricardo, Friday, September 2, 2011 at 12:00pm
In the case of Maite, there are no confusion. Maite is a name of a woman (nobody call a man Maite, no in México, everyone laugh of his name, it´s impossible), you must use "ellas".
In the case of Alex, you can use ellas o ellos, you must know his/her gender.
And, you must use "nosotras" if all are females.
- Spanish - Ricardo, Friday, September 2, 2011 at 12:03pm
My english is not good enough.
"you must know it gender" I guess
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Need help withe "Who" and "Whom" I have no clue as to which do I use ...
- reading grammer and stuff - differece between subject pronoun, object pronoun, ...
- 3 grade english ms sue - subject and object pronouns DIRECTION - write SP if the...
- Com/155 - Can someone tell me if this is the correct use of pronouns? My ...
- Spanish 1 - Which subject pronoun would you use in Spanish to talk about: Jauana...
- 6th grade - Next, Tom remembers that he heard a doctor talking about something ...
- spanish - Which pronouns would Alberto Yáñez, a professor from Spain, use to ...
- English - Identify the word in bold type. THIS is the dog I was telling you ...
- English - Identify the word in bold type. This is the dog I was telling you ...
- ENGLISH SUPER QUICK QUESTION - Identify the word in italics. This is the dog I ...