Posted by Britney on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 9:50pm.
I'm a 4 digit number with no 2 digits the same.
My ones digit is twice my thousands digit and 1 less than my tens digit.
My hundreds digit is the difference between my tens digit and my thousands digit.
My thousands digit is an odd number less than 6.
What number am I?
- 4th grade math - bobpursley, Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 10:08pm
so a cannot be 1 as that would make the hundreds digit the same as the ones
if a is 2, then 2a=4, and b=5, and the thousands digit is also4.
if a is 3, then 2a=6, and b=7, and thousands is 4 (7-3)
number is 3476
lets see if there are others.
if a is 4, 2a is 8, and b=9, and b-a is 5: solution 4598
a cannot be greater than 4, as the ones digit has to be twice a.
SO, two solutions: 3476 and 4598
check all this.
- 4th grade math - William, Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 7:33pm
what is the value of the underline digit 6.... 4,600,028
- 4th grade math - kyleigh, Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 11:27pm
how can you explain the difference between 120-70 using mental math
- spail sheet - kate, Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 1:41pm
what is the fist anwer.
- 4th grade math - Anonymous, Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 10:01pm
I am a 3-digit number. My ones digit is three times my tens digit. Two times the sum of my tens and ones digits equals my tenths digit. What am I ?
- 4th grade math - m, Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 6:45am
the answer is 1232
as two of the digits should be same also
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 4th grade - i am a 5 digit number my tens digit is the sum of my hundreds digit ...
- 4th grade math - Find the mystery number. It is a 4 digit odd number. All the ...
- Math - Iam a 5digit number my tens digit is the sum of my hundreds digits and ...
- Math - i am a 4 digit number between 3000 and 4000.My ones digit is twice my ...
- math - My thousands digit is twice my hundreds digit. The sum of my tens and ...
- math - find the mystery number, it is a 4 digit odd number, all the digits are ...
- math - Who am I? I am a 4-digit number wih no two digits the same. My ones ...
- Algebra - Math HW HELP! - 1) It is a five-digit whole number. 2) It is a ...
- Math - i am a 4 digit odd number none of the numbers are 0-9 the tens digit is ...
- math - what number am I? My ten-thousands digit is 4 less than my thousands ...