Posted by Cheyenne on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 5:31pm.
The inverse of conditional A is given below. Write conditional A, its converse,and its contrapositive. Explain your reasoning.
If I received a detention,then I did not arrive at school on time.
Geometry - MathMate, Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 6:30pm
p=I receive a detention
q=I did not arrive at school on time
the given proposition is therefore:
contrapositive = ¬q -> ¬p
inverse = ¬p -> ¬q
converse = q -> p
1. the inverse of the inverse of A is A itself.
2.the proposition and its contrapositive are logically equivalent.
3.the inverse and the converse are logically equivalent. BUT the proposition and the converse are NOT logically equivalent.
Geometry - Cheyenne, Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 6:40pm
Geometry - MathMate, Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 9:33pm
Can you explain if you still have problems?
This response answers the question you had in the other post under the name of Cassie.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - Write the converse, inverse, and contrapositive of the conditional ...
- Math - Let p -> q represent the conditional statement All hummingbirds love ...
- Geometry - A conditional statement is always logically equivalent to its a.) ...
- Geometry - Can you tell em if this is right? If not, can you tell me what words ...
- geometry conditional form - I have a lot of cavities if I like candy a. Write ...
- Geometry - If a conditional and its converse are always true, then the statement...
- Math - If you are given a conditional statement that you know is true, can you ...
- Math - Part 1: Write two conditional statements for which the converse is true. ...
- geometry - Describe the relationship between a conditional, its converse, its ...
- geometry - Rewrite the biconditional as a conditional statement and its converse...