Posted by Tucker on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 3:36am.
I've been given 20 sentences which I must revise so that the nominalizations are verbs and characters the subjects of those verbs, but can't quite figure it out. [nominalizations] and <characters>
1. [Attempts] were made on the part of <President Nixon's aides> to assert <his> [immunity] from a Supreme Court subpoena.
I think it starts off as "President Nixon's aides attempted to..." but that's all I have.
2. There were [predictions] by <members of the Administration> that the <nominee> would receive quick <committee> [approval]
I'm guessing "Members of the Administration predicted that the nominee would be approved by the committee", but again I'm not sure.
3. The <author's> [analysis] of our data omits any citation of sources that would provide [support] for <his> criticism of our argument.
This one I'm really stuck on.
So there you have it; if I can get help on these three I trust I will be able to figure the rest out.
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 7:23am
Good start on #1; finish it and repost.
#2 is correct, yes.
#3 -- To turn "analysis" into a verb, use "analyze" (or "analyzes" or "analyzed").
Give #3 a try, and repost.
- English - Tucker, Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 6:16am
This is what I've come up with:
President Nixon's aides attempted to immunize the President from a subpoena.
Members of the Administration predicted that the nominee would be approved by the committee.
The author analyzed the data but he couldn't support his argument because he failed to cite sources.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Can you help me remove the "to be" verbs in this sentence? I need to ...
- English Grammar: Verbs - What are the verbs in these sentences? I just want to ...
- Spanish 1 - Match the verbs and the subjects- 1. Maria(estudiar) 2.Nosotros(...
- Spanish - This is my assignment: Imagine you are babysitting your little brother...
- english - help me find subjects and verbs in college sentences
- English - 10. In "The Lottery," Jackson employs several stock characters, ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. Could you please check ...
- Spanish (Please help me) - This is my assignment: Imagine you are babysitting ...
- English Launguage Arts 6th feet - Does anyone know a website that i can go and ...
- ENGLISH - explaining internal conflict; Many of the characters in collection 1 ...